This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Foot roll Toe taps

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
inmediasres1

Foot roll Toe taps

Post by inmediasres1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm trying to make a toe tap but for some reason, the toes slider in the Foot roll effect in the Foot controller doesn't seem to be working for me. It looks like it rotates the Toes structure layer but it doesn't affect the Tiptoe structure layer. I've noticed this happens with the "demo hominoid" model as well. Is there something that would affect this that I'm missing? Could it be a bug in the latest version?

AaronSugar

Re: Foot roll Toe taps

Post by AaronSugar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:44 am

Are you using separate layers or the puppet tool/bones and how close are your toe and toe-tip tags?

inmediasres1

Post by inmediasres1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm

I'm using the puppet tool. I'm using the bone effect on the layer and I used the Autorig function to connect everything. It seems to be something wrong with the structure itself. Like something isn't connected or parented right. I've also had trouble with the foot roll but sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure how to replicate it. The Heel and Tiptoe sliders work fine. I've attached some screenshots to hopefully illustrate what I mean.

This is the bone effects I'm talking about, but I tried with the seperate bone layers and got the same result.
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.53.46 AM.png
This is what happens when I adjust the "toe" slider. It seems to be disconnected from the Toe Tip.
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.53.15 AM.png

AaronSugar

Post by AaronSugar » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Typically, I put the FOOT pin/bone at the ankle, the TOE pin/bone about the mid point of the foot, and the TOETIP pin/bone at the tip. Also, are you using the FOOT ROLL control or the TOE control to get the toe tap? I would recommend using the FOOT ROLL and HEEL controllers to do what you're looking for.