This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Controlling color with Duik in AE

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
ultraeverything

Controlling color with Duik in AE

Post by ultraeverything » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi everyone, I've been using the old version of Duik for a while now and just recently upgraded and getting my head around all the new features.
For a project I'm working on, I created a character template to quickly create characters from a selection of preset body parts.
I have created a precomp which has its opacity controlled by a slider, this slider changes the hairstyle on the character. I'd love to have another controller to change the hair color between one of 5 selected colors (brown, black, blonde, red, grey), but can't figure out the way to do it.
The default hair color is brown at the moment and I can use the hue/saturation tool to control manually, but ideally I'd like to have a controller to select one of 5 standard selections.
Do you think this is possible with the Duik system?

Duduf

Re: Controlling color with Duik in AE

Post by Duduf » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 am

Yep!

Use an effect to change the color and animate it with 5 keyframes "on hold", then use the connector on that to control which color is displayed.

ultraeverything

Re: Controlling color with Duik in AE

Post by ultraeverything » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Oh, I just played around and figured it out. I've been using Duik for a long term project for a long time and never updated. This is such an incredible tool! Thanks so much for creating it!