This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Neck with multiples Structures

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Gualcio

Neck with multiples Structures

Post by Gualcio » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:54 am

Hi Guys!

First of all thanks a lot Duduf for this great script and for taking the time to answer all of our issues.
I try not to bother that much but this time I really need some help.

I am rigging an Animal with a long neck. Like a sort of giraffe type of structure and so my neck is made of 3 layers (or three structures - Neck 1 Neck 2 Neck 3). Once I rig it with auto-rig the rotation of the neck is not as smooth as you would expect. And also when I move the head position only the last structure of the neck follows it (Neck 3) and leave the rest of the neck structure untouched so you can imagine how bad it looks

What's the solution here?
Should I maybe make a manual rig and for the neck use a bezier type of rigging IK?

Looking forward to here some news
Thanks

Duduf

Re: Neck with multiples Structures

Post by Duduf » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:35 am

Hi!

Actually, the ability to move the head was added just for minor adjustments, but the neck is meant to be animated with rotations and not the head position; animating rotation is much easier. That explains the second part of your question, and yes using a custom rig with a bezier IK is the best way to animate the neck with the position of the head ;)

For the issue with the rotations, that's seems strange, can you post a screenshot or video capture to show the issue?

Thanks!