This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

DUIK list function and spring (simulation mode)

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
filipolszewsk

DUIK list function and spring (simulation mode)

Post by filipolszewsk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 am

Hey guys I try to rig hairs and I want to give them an overshoot with spring effects from duik16 and also having position constrains as parent position to other layer. I tried to use a list function with no success can meaby someone help me:)?

Duduf

Re: DUIK list function and spring (simulation mode)

Post by Duduf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 am

Hi,

I've never tried that, I'm not sure you can combine position constraints and spring...

You can try to apply first the position constraint to the layer, and then a list to the position property. If it works as it should, the position constraint expression will be transferred to the first value of the list and should still be working.
You can then add the spring to the second value of the list.

If it doesn't work properly, I would advise to use parenting, you can have the constraint on a null, and the spring on a child for example, this should work better.

Be careful that with the current expression engine in After Effects, the spring can be a bit heavy, and it's sometimes quickier to animate overshot manually, especially with the new FK controls in Duik Bassel

filipolszewsk

Re: DUIK list function and spring (simulation mode)

Post by filipolszewsk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:44 am

thanks a lot for a reply! i will check this new fk function.
Im trying to rig hairs with some overshoot and not have to do it manually:)