This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Puppet Tool shifting

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
nugas

Puppet Tool shifting

Post by nugas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am

Hi,

The rig is fine in my artist's computer and also in my computer but when I sent to the client, one of the hand starts falling apart. I asked to send his file and checked, and found that one of the layer's puppet tool mesh is offset for some reason. There is no issue with Ae version, since we both are using same.

Please take a look at attached images.

Any idea why this is happening ?

nugas

Re: Puppet Tool shifting

Post by nugas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 am

BTW, the other hand is fine.

Duduf

Re: Puppet Tool shifting

Post by Duduf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

The mesh being on its right place, it seems the artwork moved. My best guess is that it has moved/changes in Ai. Did you impprt the file keeping layer size or using document size?

If you used document size and for some reason your client moved thr artwork in Ai, this would happen. Same if something was changed while keeping layer size.

When using the puppet tool, my advice is to always precompose the layer first, to be able to make/fix changes inside the precomp after the mesh has been created.