This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Cannot use Spring Automation along with Animation Blender

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
renank

Cannot use Spring Automation along with Animation Blender

Post by renank » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello!

I don´t know if there´s something I´m doing it wrong, but, in my tests, i cannot use any kind of different scripts along with Animation Blender, only simple keyframed manual animations. For example, i´m making a text appear with a 'pop' animation, in which the spring effect would be really useful. And for productivity reasons, i want to use animation blender to save this 'pop' and place it wherever I want in the timeline later. However, I cannot do that because there is already a spring effect script and Duik doesn´t recognize another script on top of that.

I hope I was clear enough. I really love this tool, specially the new one!

All the best!

Duduf

Re: Cannot use Spring Automation along with Animation Blender

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Duik uses expressions, so the expression of the animation blender replaces the expression of the spring or other effects when you apply it.
I'm thinking about a workaround, but it is very complex.

At this time, the easiest way to achieve what you need is to convert the expressions to keyframes before using the animation blender. Don't forget to duplicate your comp first in order to keep a backup of the animations as they were before the conversion of expressions to keyframes .

renank

Re: Cannot use Spring Automation along with Animation Blender

Post by renank » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Gotcha! I´ll do that! Thanks for the quick reply!

If you manage to do this workaround, it would be awesome!

All the best!