This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

cannot use most of the scripts + line 6366

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
lynxx2point

cannot use most of the scripts + line 6366

Post by lynxx2point » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Hello dear creators of DUIK,
Thank you for this wonderful plugin, but unfortunately I can't use most of its features (I guess so, although I'm a DUIK newbie and might be doing something wrong, but according to tutorials DUIK should be doing some things it doesn't do).
I tried to work with a layered PSD imported as composition, and with a body made of shape layers. Same situation.
The only thing I did successfully is create controllers. I couldn't turn puppet pins into bones, autorig, it seems that the buttons just don't work at all. Nothings happens when I click them.
Sometimes after I click buttons the GUI hangs, and I have to turn it off and on again to make it responsible again. In this cases it shows error "Unable to execute script at line 6366. Expected: ) - null is not an object".
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just can't compare this behaviour to any working installation of DUIK and find out whether I'm doing everything wrong or DUIK is not working.
Mac, AE CC 2017, DUIK - today's version.
Thank you in advance.

Duduf

Re: cannot use most of the scripts + line 6366

Post by Duduf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm

That's odd

Can you go in the settings panel and set it to "dev & debug mode" ; then there should be some error messages displayed when something goes wrong, which you can copy here to help me diagnose what's going on.

You can also "enable javascript debugging" in the preferences of After Effects

lynxx2point

Post by lynxx2point » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am

I think I turned on both debug modes.
And i tried to
1) create bones from pins. I got an error (screenshot attached) and I pressed green "go on" debug button, it asked if I wanted to clear the error, I said yes, and the bones were actually created! For the first time.
2) Then I pressed "autorig" and I got an error in AE UI (screenshot attached). Nothing happened to the composition.
3) I pressed "Hominoid" and I got same error as in 1). I cleared runtime error again and I got bones structure created!

So I guess if I get rid of "null object in line 1685" it will all be fine...

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks, I see what's going on, and will be able to fix this in the next update :)

lynxx2point

Post by lynxx2point » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:41 am

Oh great, thanks! Will be looking forward to it.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:44 pm

This is fixed in the update which will be released today ;)

lynxx2point

Post by lynxx2point » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks, I'll test it! For now, I've figured a way to combine Duik 16 and 15.5, autorigging works fine in the older version.