This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Effect control conversion required in effects '''' 25::0

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
al_leleka

Effect control conversion required in effects '''' 25::0

Post by al_leleka » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 am

Hi! I have a problem with Duik. It crashes all my projects. When I create slider or IK I get errors:

''After effects warning: effect control converion required in effect'''' Some effect controls will be reset. To avoid silently resetting these same effect controls on all subsequently loaded projects, save this project and then quit & re-launch After Effects (25::0).

And then After Effects opens other different errors and file become damaged and overwrite. How can I fix it?
Thank you

Duduf

Re: Effect control conversion required in effects '''' 25::0

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

Does this happen with a project which was made with previous Alpha versions of Duik Bassel?

If so, this is "normal" as there were no version management in the Alphas, and so Ae doesn't like to mix different versions of the effects.

You can not open a project made with an Alpha version of Duik Bassel if you have previously used a more recent version of Duik Bassel during the same Ae session; you have to close and re-launch After Effects in between so the effects are cleared from the memory.

-> If you work with the current Duik version, and need to open a project made with an Alpha version, close After Effects before opening the project.

-> If you have opened a project made with an Alpha version of Duik Bassel and need to work with the current version of Duik, close After Effects before using the current version

-> If you need to modify a project made with an Alpha version of Duik Bassel, you have to re-install the same version that was used to build the project. Keep in mind that "Alpha" versions are not production-ready, they're just unfinished test versions.

al_leleka

Post by al_leleka » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 am

But If I need import project with Alfa version of DUIK into project where someone used Final version of DUIK, how can I fix this errors?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

You can not. I'm sorry but Alpha versions are not meant to be production ready...