This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

slider unevenly controls opacities

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
grandl

slider unevenly controls opacities

Post by grandl » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:37 am

Hello, first of all thank you so much for this amazing tool, we're still trying to wrap our heads around what it can do :))

Here's my problem- while playing with the Duik Bassel and trying to rig a character I encountered a rather small, but slightly annoying challenge:

I have 3 different torsos drawn for a character (and precomposed them together, each one on separate layer). I want to add a slider in the main comp that controls which torso is displayed. So I used the connector choosing the connect to opacities option.

And it works just as I wanted- except that first of the drawings is displayed for almost 50% lenght of the slider, and the last one displays only when I almost reach the end of the slider and I would love it if they were divided equally.

I believe it could be adjusted in the expressions themselves but I'm not very advanced with modifying them.

I wonder what's the cause? There were times where I linked things to slider without getting this awkward result.

Duduf

Re: slider unevenly controls opacities

Post by Duduf » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi!

I think this can be adjusted by changing the minimum and maximum values of the connector (before the creatin in the panel of Duik, after its creation in the effects of the layer).
Let me know if it works or not!