This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
alexisb

Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by alexisb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new to animation and moving with DUIK. I would just like to ask you how I can use this interface to do keyframe animation? (ex. making the guy play guitar) Is there any tutorial online that explains this?

Attaching a reference

Many thanks

Duduf

Re: Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi,

Duik brings some tools to make animation a bit more user friendly in After Effects, and does not completely replace After Effects keyframes; you'll have to animate in Ae as usual, and you may use Duik tools to be quickier with the adjustment of interpolations, trajectories, etc.

To learn how the tools of Duik work, you can have a look at the user guide.

alexisb

Re: Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by alexisb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks for the reply! one more question: i animated the character but there are sides of it that look cut when its moving( thigh area for example)

attaching reference..

how can i fix this? do i have to redraw this perfectly circular on illustrator or there is something im missing in AE that can fix those details?

Thanks