This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Issue with files created on previous version

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
eddievilla

Issue with files created on previous version

Post by eddievilla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 am

Hi there,

first of all thanks for this amazing tool! I'm absolutely in love with it and it really makes the difference!

I have a question though, I've created a character animation with the previous Duik release (prior to Bassel) and in my new workstation I've installed Bassel instead but once importing the old file, the animation seems broken and part of it is not working (while other body parts yes.)

Here a screenshot about the character now
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 11.38.37.png
as you can see the legs and the heads are ok, while the torso and the arms are broken.

Do you know how shall i proceed?

Thanks and keep up the great job!
Edoardo

Duduf

Re: Issue with files created on previous version

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi,

Characters rigged with previous versions (with any version actually) should be able to be opened with any After Effects, even if Duik is not installed.
I suspect your problem to be an issue with After Effects and not Duik. If you're using CC2018, this may be an issue with the new puppet engine, I know there have been some bugs with this. Otherwise, it may be an issue with the source file (if it's illustrator or any other external files).