This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

'Create Inverse Kinetics' Not Working for After Effects CC 2019

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
norik

'Create Inverse Kinetics' Not Working for After Effects CC 2019

Post by norik » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:24 am

Hi there,
First off, if anybody who was involved in making DUIK is reading this, you're a genius — I've made great use of your work.

Got an issue though: today I've installed DUIK 15 and 16 on AE CC 2019 on two separate computers and I cannot 'create' IK. The PresetEffects.xml file doesn't exist for the AE '19 [as it does in '18], so I had to copy it across from '18 folder otherwise DUIK 15 won't start.

To clarify I'm able to make bones in AE '19, but pressing the IK button yields no result [or if I click repeatedly the following error... 'Script Alert. An error has occured at line 3969. After Effects error: Can not add a property with name "PSEUDO/DUIK_Two_Layer_IK_v2" to this PropertyGroup ].

I'm also able to manipulate previously rigged DUIK 15 models from an .aep converted from AE '18. But I can't create any NEW IK?!

I know it says compatible with CC '19 on the BASSEL webpage, but has it been fully tested? Should I just go back to AE '18 or is there something that can be done?

Thanks so much for reading,

Norik

Duduf

Re: 'Create Inverse Kinetics' Not Working for After Effects CC 2019

Post by Duduf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:57 pm

I don't understand, you seem to be using Duik 15, which is not tested on new versions of After Effects, as the current version is Duik Bassel (16.0)

IKs with Duik Bassel have been tested and do work correctly in all versions of After Effects since CS6, including the newest "CC2019" v16.0