This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

head turning ears overlap using 2d slider

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Talwag

head turning ears overlap using 2d slider

Post by Talwag » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi
I'm working on a head turning for a character I am animating using the awesome 2d slider connector.
I'm trying to make the head turn from looking straight to the camera to looking to 90 degrees the side.
I want the ears layers to kinda change their hierarchy in order to make one ear in front the head and the other behind it.
is there a way doing it with duik connector?

Thanks
Tal

Duduf

Re: head turning ears overlap using 2d slider

Post by Duduf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Yes,
You can just duplicate the layer for the ears, animate their opacities, and connect them as any other property for the turn ;)

Just make sure to have the same duration for all animated properties of the turn (they all must have a first and last keyframe at the same time), you'll probably have to add a keyframe at the start and the end on these opacities.

Talwag

Re: head turning ears overlap using 2d slider

Post by Talwag » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Ah great, that makes sense.
Duduf thanks a lot! Duik is amazing, thanks for that too!