This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Reverting Controller Extraction

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
JSMathieu

Reverting Controller Extraction

Post by JSMathieu » Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

I have a rigged character in a pre-composition from which I have extracted the controllers into its parent composition. I was wondering if there was a (simple hopefully) way to "bring back" the controllers into the pre-composition in order to animate from there (it does not matter in this situation if the animated keyframes from the parent composition are deleted).

Thank you for your help,
Jean-Sébastien Mathieu

Duduf

Re: Reverting Controller Extraction

Post by Duduf » Fri May 24, 2019 10:06 am

Unfortunately, there's no "quick" way yet.

This is a feature I'll have to implement ASAP. In the meantime, you'll have to remove the expressions in the controllers in the precomposition, but only the expressions used for linking them (not the ones used to compute the IK for example). It's pretty easy to understand which one you need to remove, but it changes a bit depending on the version of Duik used. It may either be the simple one-line expressions linking to the other comp, or the expressions beginning by "//Duik.link"
Another way to find them is to delete all the controllers in the main comp, and then remove all expressions with errors in the precomp, this should work too.