This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Put Controllers Back?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Penrose

Put Controllers Back?

Post by Penrose » Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm

So, is there a way after you've extracted Controllers to put them back...or...SAFELY delete them? Without fear of breaking every single thing you've made...?

This whole process is convoluted. I had extracted my controllers and now when I TrueComp duplicate that comp the child comp still controls the "master" comp.

Was I supposed to make a perfect master, DUPE THAT, and THEN extract the controllers?

Penrose

Re: Put Controllers Back?

Post by Penrose » Mon May 27, 2019 3:34 am

Ugh, After Effects is the worst...anyways...for anyone else reading this I figure out my issue with Rig duplication.

So, as far as I can tell you HAVE to use the rename via suffix or prefix via True Comp Duplicator. If you don't the rig will break and no longer be distinct. One of the copies will control the others. The problem I was having is that the renaming was breaking my Joysticks n' Sliders rig. Of course it was a painful amount of playing around to figure this out.

Also, I recommend NOT extracting ANY of your controllers until AFTER you've True Comped everything. It was a ton of trial and error but now I can dupe the rig and it all works. It just means that every rig I dupe I have to dig into the precomp and extract the Joysticks n' sliders 2 levels deep.

Guess it's time to finally start learning Toon Boom...