This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Scaling Pre-comped rig

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
ulfstein

Scaling Pre-comped rig

Post by ulfstein » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:03 am

Hi,

I've got an urgent question regarding working with master properties and pre-comped rigs. I've built the rig quite large as we'll be moving quite close to the model at times but by the same token, a lot of the time we'll want the show the full body rig in the master comp. Ordinarily I'd simply scale the pre-comp down to whatever I need but the issue is that whilst I can easily scale up the icons for the controllers so that they are easily accessible, I'm having problems with the controllers and backgrounds for things like the eye shapes, mouth shape etc. I've attached a 1:1 screengrab of the size of these controllers (after they've been scaled down) to help explain. So my question really is, is there a way to scale down the rigged pre-comp whilst maintaining the original scale for the controllers and their backgrounds. Incidentally, this is also a problem when I move the pre-comped rig to the edge of the screen at which point the controllers/backgrounds will be positioned off the screen.

Many thanks

Duduf

Re: Scaling Pre-comped rig

Post by Duduf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:00 pm

I don't know exactly how your project is organized but this could be done with expressions and/or master properties, linking the scale to the icons sizes.

Don't forget controllers are just shape layers so you can adjust the scale of the groups in their content.

An even easier way to do this would be to just duplicate the icon if the controllers in said content, and scale the new icon to have another bigger/smaller version, then you'd just to switch their opacities (which couls be done with expressions too)

ulfstein

Re: Scaling Pre-comped rig

Post by ulfstein » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:27 am

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks very much.