This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Orientation Constraint expression error on ferris wheel Gondola (with screenshot)

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
GMardelli

Orientation Constraint expression error on ferris wheel Gondola (with screenshot)

Post by GMardelli » Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 pm

I am trying to follow the official DUIK tutorial and rig the ferris wheel and the orientation constraint button on the DUIK panel does not work for me as when I apply it, there is an expression error and the gondola will not remain upright as I turn the wheel. I have attached the screenshot and I have rigged everything else perfectly in the tutorial
Gondola screenshot.jpg

GMardelli

Re: Orientation Constraint expression error on ferris wheel Gondola (with screenshot)

Post by GMardelli » Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 am

I solved it! !!!!

I had my expression set to Legacy extended script instead of Javascript under Project Settings>Expression settings.

Sorry I finally figured it out, I had been searching and searching and finally got lucky.

Duduf

Re: Orientation Constraint expression error on ferris wheel Gondola (with screenshot)

Post by Duduf » Thu May 28, 2020 8:02 am

Will be fixed in 16.2.13,
And I'll probably add some kind of "sanity check" in Duik to make sure everything is configured the best way for Duik and performance in After Effects