This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Pulling a suitcase

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
OtherBrother

Pulling a suitcase

Post by OtherBrother » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello,

I am trying to rig up a person pulling a suitcase behind him, so the wheels would need to stay on the ground and the bag would tilt forward and the handle would attach to the hand constraint.

I was thinking a look at type rig would work here, but I need a little help getting something that works. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Duduf

Re: Pulling a suitcase

Post by Duduf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 am

I think you can create a single custom structure for the suicase, with its pivot at the wheels and the end at the handle.
Then autorig this structure to have a lookat/Ik and parent the controller to the controller of the hand, et voilà :)

You can then apply the wheel automation to the wheels ;)

OtherBrother

Re: Pulling a suitcase

Post by OtherBrother » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 pm

Thanks! I haven't worked with the wheel automation yet, but I was trying to see if I could attach the handle to the hand and then constrain the base of the structure to a free moving horizontal restraint, so when the hand moves the bag is actually pulled.

Probably not worth the work, for this quick shot when I can just key frame the horizontal position of the bag... just tying to see how far I can take this!