This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Issues with Master Properties using v16

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
AndrewM

Issues with Master Properties using v16

Post by AndrewM » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 am

I have a character that was rigged in duik v16. After updating duik to the most recent version, whenever I try to extract controllers via the master properties option, it doesnt seem to work correctly. The image layers are moved around, and the controllers seem to not actually be connected to the extracted controllers. extracting using expressions also doesnt work correctly. Do I need to rerig my character using the new version of DUIK to get its functionality?

Duduf

Re: Issues with Master Properties using v16

Post by Duduf » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Yes, there's a known issue preventing controllers created with a previous version to be extracted with the latest version of Duik. I'll try to fix that, but in the meantime you can try this:

Remove all "controller" markers from your controllers and use the "tag" button to re-tag them. This should enable the extraction.

Let me know if it works!

AndrewM

Post by AndrewM » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks for the help! I tried deleting and adding the new marker tags. There does appear to be a connection now between the drawings and the controllers (moving the controllers will move the drawings), however the drawing layers are still laid out differently from the original comp

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:16 am

Strange...
I'll need your aep file to check what's going on

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for the file. It seems there's a bug in Duik when linking controllers, for some reason some of them are not linked to the corresponding extracted copy.
I'm going to investigate and fix this in the next update.

In the meantime, you can have a look at the expressions in the master properties of the extracted comp, and manually fix incorrect links. I've noticed the issue on "C | Body" and "C | Foot (2)". There may be incorrect links on some other controllers, but start by fixing these ones.

Thanks for your feedback