Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Please read these rules and advices before posting.
- Before you ask any question about a tool, to avoid duplicates, please:
- Search for a solution in the available documentation for the tools.
- Some video tutorials and quicktips are available.
- You can make a search to see if your question has already been asked.
- Thank you for giving a detailed and precise title to your topics, to help searching in the future.
- We're very few people to manage this forum, please be patient if we're a bit long to answer.
- Don't hesitate to answer to other people's questions! The goal of this forum is not only to have the Rainbox team answer users' questions, but to have everyone sharing and helping each other.
- Finally, please always be polite, and keep in mind that all we want is sharing techniques and knowledge, helping each other.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:44 pm
I use sliders to easily select characters using time remapping, and I usually just duplicate comps and animate another character by simply changing the slider. However, since the last version I can't do this as the slider on the original composition controls every other composition. That is not good for me.
I noticed the expression itself changed since the last version, the first two lines being originally:
Code: Select all
var ctrlLayer = thisComp.layer("Character selector slider");
var connectorLayer = thisComp.layer("C | Connector");
And now it is:
Code: Select all
var ctrlLayer = comp("MAIN RIG | Copy and animate").layer("Character selector slider");
var connectorLayer = comp("MAIN RIG | Copy and animate").layer("C | Connector");
I can obviously go back and change everything manually, but is there a way to revert the way the selector is automatically rigged so that I don't have to do this every time?
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:59 pm
That's a problem, we've changed this because there are issues when extracting controllers using
I guess the best would be to revert to thisComp and detect these to automagically change it to
I'll try that in the next update, we'll see if there are other issues we did not expect.
In the mentime, the "search and replace" tool in Duik is gonna be your BFF
https://duik-docs.rainboxlab.org/riggin ... nd-replace