This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Master setup property for connector is grayed out

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
jlawheed

Master setup property for connector is grayed out

Post by jlawheed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Hello! I've got Duik 16.2.1 and am having trouble linking properties to an existing controller.

I've got a 2D slider set up and have keyframed my slave properties. I am trying to tie the slave properties to the existing slider control; I have selected the controller in the timeline and clicked the "select a master property" button but the option to select a property in "Master Setup" is grayed out. If I select the slave keyframes and click "connect to properties" it creates an entirely new connector. How can I connect to the properties of the existing controller?

Duduf

Re: Master setup property for connector is grayed out

Post by Duduf » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:26 am

I'm not sure I undestand what is greyed out, could you post a screenshot please?

For the connection, be aware that a new controller will be added to the comp which will contains some parameters for the connection. This is normal and it is not the actual controller used for animation, which is what you've picked or created first.

If you want to add other properties to an "existing" connector, connect properties to a controller which has already been connected to something else, you just have to copy the expression from the already connected properties

jlawheed

Re: Master setup property for connector is grayed out

Post by jlawheed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi and thank you for responding!
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 1.53.24 PM.png
This is what I have in the comp ^

I've adjusted my left, right, up, and down looks. I'm trying to link these properties to the controller. When I click on the green "Head Control" layer and then click on "select a master property" in the script UI panel, it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 1.33.34 PM.png
So when I highlight the properties for "nose" and "Facial Features" and click on "connect to properties", it instead creates a connector, and then my head rig only shows the diagonals:

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 1.53.07 PM.png
I've been following a tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbd5T6xbRVs and am at about 27:40, unable to do the thing he is doing.