This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Changing frame rate after rigging?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Ridley

Changing frame rate after rigging?

Post by Ridley » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Hallo!

I messed up my latest character rig because I had the wrong frame rate set and started rigging. Unfortunately I noticed it way too late in the process. When I´m trying to change the frame rate the rig breaks. I know I can put the rig composition in another comp with the right frame rate, but then I lose control over the exact timing of the animation.

Is there any other way or workaround to change the frame rate without having to rebuild the whole rig?

Cheers!

Ridley

Re: Changing frame rate after rigging?

Post by Ridley » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi,

ok so if anyone encounters the same problem, I found a solution.
If you change the frame rate of the rig comp it seems broken at first, but all you need to do is save the project and restart After Effects. You should probably back up your project before, just in case. If you open your project again the connections are reloaded and everything should work correctly.

Duduf

Re: Changing frame rate after rigging?

Post by Duduf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!
This seems to be a bug in the evaluation of the expressions by After Effects. I think that emptying the cache should work to fix the expressions too.