This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Connector creates new Layer

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
theartsy1

Connector creates new Layer

Post by theartsy1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:39 pm

In version 16.09 in standard setup, I could connect an animation to a slider control using the connector feature. I would do this by creating a slider control on a layer. Then I would select the connector button in the Duik Bassel panel. The Options would appear and I would select the slider name that I just created, select "pick master property" then input the correct minimum and maximum value. I would then select the all the keyframes of the premade animation, Finally I would select either connect to properties/connect to opacities depending on what I needed. Then the animation i'd created would be connected to the slider. This was perfect for facial rigging but lots of other things too.

In Duik Bassel 2, all the versions that I've downloaded, this no longer works. When I select the connector button, it creates a new layer. (C | Connector). I don't want that, I need it connect to the specific slide I've set up, often in a totally different composition. How can I get this work like the previous version? According to the documentation, it should work like it did before (page 83 duik bassel - user guide v16.2) Can you please help me understand what I've done wrong here. Currently to fix this, I'm using both version 16.09 and 16.2.4. The only reason I'm doing this is because now is 16.09, the bones don't work. It creates two bones per push pin, but bones work correctly in version 16.2 and up.

Duduf

Re: Connector creates new Layer

Post by Duduf » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm

In the latest versions, you have to click the small circle to get to the options of the connector, but I thought this was already the case in 16.0.X

What changed indeed is that Duik does create a new layer now which stores some data used by the connector. But that doesn't change the way the connector works at all, it's just a layer which is used to make stuff more stable.

theartsy1

Re: Connector creates new Layer

Post by theartsy1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Okay I see now--that new layer is where I can adjust the minimum/max values instead of the same layer as the slider control. I was able to get this working again using that little circle icon. Thank goodness!

I appreciate the help!