This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Bones not linking to Structure

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
stormer

Bones not linking to Structure

Post by stormer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:18 am

Hi

I've just set up a very basic tail (2 segments) using Puppet Tool. Pins have been renamed and the tail bones have been created without a problem. However, when I create the tail structure (by selecting the bones and then creating the structure via the "tail" menu item), DUIK sets everything up properly but for some reason the structure is not linked to the bones ie I move the segments but the bones are not linked. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks.

stormer

Re: Bones not linking to Structure

Post by stormer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:20 am

Forgot to mention, I'm using the latest version of Bassel on AE 2020, running on Mac/Catalina.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Just parent them manually or check the autoparent option for layers in the "edit structures" tool (not available in rookie mode)

ulfstein

Post by ulfstein » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:24 am

That's great, thanks very much for that.