This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Hand Goals DUIK not working?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
story01

Hand Goals DUIK not working?

Post by story01 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello,

I am working on a character project and am setting up rigs. I would like to be able to use the goals that come with the Auto Rig and IK, but they seem to not be guiding the rotation of the hand or head? I see there is code driving the hands rotation, but seems to be based on the controllers actual rotation? I have gone through and tried several checkboxes and looking on the forum for answers, but have not found anyone who has my same issue. This might be a simple issue with a simple answer, I just cant seem to find a solution. Attached is a screenshot of my issue.
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.02.17 PM.png
Thanks in advance for any help!

Duduf

Re: Hand Goals DUIK not working?

Post by Duduf » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi,

Yes, the hand is controlled by the actual rotation of the controller, and the "tip" of the structure is not used anymore when everything is rigged.
If you'd like to control the hand with the position of an object at the tip, a new controller you'd animate in position instead of rotation, you'd have to add a new 1-element custom structure at the same location as the actual structure for the hand, run the autorig with this new structure and its "tip". You'll get a new controller at the very end of the hand, which you can parent to the actual structure of the hand, along with the new custom structure. (I hope this is understandable...)
But in my opinion this is an unnecessary overload for the rig, as animating the hand's rotation with the rotation of the existing controller should be enough for all kind of animation.