This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Duplicate a rigged layer

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
mejapendek

Duplicate a rigged layer

Post by mejapendek » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi! I'm new to Duik and I have a problem. Is there a way to duplicate a layer while keeping its rig (and movement)?

I want to duplicate only the upper arm but when I do, the rotation and position of the layer changes (as shown in the attached image) and it doesn't follow along the original layer's movement. So is it possible to do that?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards.

here's the before-after pic

Duduf

Re: Duplicate a rigged layer

Post by Duduf » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Did you use Structures to rig the character ?

If so it should work, and it may move when you duplicate it but in this case, just move it back where it should be or c/c the transformation values of the original layer.

If you did not, things are a bit more complicated (that's what structures are for): you'll have to remove all expressions on the transformation of the duplicate, move it back to where it should be, and parent it to the original layer.