This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Human rig riding horse rig

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
star striker

Human rig riding horse rig

Post by star striker » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:23 am

Hi, I was just wanting to know if anyone had any good tips or know of any tutorials on having one rig interact with another rig? For instance a human rig riding a horse rig.

I currently have both characters rigged seperatly but would like to have the human character riding the horse bobbing up and down down whilst holding on to the stirrups?

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks

Duduf

Re: Human rig riding horse rig

Post by Duduf » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:31 pm

I think you can just get both rigs in the same comp (either extract the controllers of both into one comp, or make the two rigs in the same.

And it should not be more difficult than doing some parenting, like parenting the body controller of the human to the torso of the horse, and the feet controllers to the stirrups. Or the stirrups to the feet, something like that

star striker

Re: Human rig riding horse rig

Post by star striker » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Great, thanks for that, will give it a try now.