Seize the means of film production. Rainbox Open Tools Crowdfunding Campaign: Help free software development and get new awesome tools.

Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Forum rules
Please read these rules and advices before posting.
  • Before you ask any question about a tool, to avoid duplicates, please:
    1. Search for a solution in the available documentation for the tools.
    2. Some video tutorials and quicktips are available.
    3. You can make a search to see if your question has already been asked.
  • Thank you for giving a detailed and precise title to your topics, to help searching in the future.
  • We're very few people to manage this forum, please be patient if we're a bit long to answer.
  • Don't hesitate to answer to other people's questions! The goal of this forum is not only to have the Rainbox team answer users' questions, but to have everyone sharing and helping each other.
  • Finally, please always be polite, and keep in mind that all we want is sharing techniques and knowledge, helping each other.
star striker

Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Post by star striker » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 am

Hello, I am creating a few characters using the Jake in Motion jump-start tutorial on youtube. The first character was fine but I am having an issue with the second character.
I added the structure layers but when I go to parent the character layers to the structure layers (in preparation for the auto rig & IK), The character's hands and feet disappear. I feel like I am following the tutorial properly and it did work fine with the first character. Just wondering if I am missing something? The head, spine, hips, arms and legs all parent without issue.

I animate using paper cutouts that are scanned separately and then assembled in after effect.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Duduf

Re: Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Post by Duduf » Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 am

That's strange, parenting should not affect the layers. Unless maybe there are some expressions in their transform properties ?