This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
star striker

Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Post by star striker » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 am

Hello, I am creating a few characters using the Jake in Motion jump-start tutorial on youtube. The first character was fine but I am having an issue with the second character.
I added the structure layers but when I go to parent the character layers to the structure layers (in preparation for the auto rig & IK), The character's hands and feet disappear. I feel like I am following the tutorial properly and it did work fine with the first character. Just wondering if I am missing something? The head, spine, hips, arms and legs all parent without issue.

I animate using paper cutouts that are scanned separately and then assembled in after effect.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Duduf

Re: Some Limb layers Disappear when parenting to corresponding structure layers.

Post by Duduf » Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 am

That's strange, parenting should not affect the layers. Unless maybe there are some expressions in their transform properties ?