This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Newbie Question-Right and Left Foot Rig acting differently

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
k1ngk8

Newbie Question-Right and Left Foot Rig acting differently

Post by k1ngk8 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi there,
I am brand new to using DUIK, so my apologies if this is a dumb question,
I have rigged a couple characters but on my most recent one I notice the shoe on the right leg rig is behaving differently from the left shoe rig.
I actually would like to adjust all of my rigs so that they behave like this right shoe.

Basically the way I was doing normally the shoe doesnt rotate and stays planted flat with the controller movement, whereas what has happened with the right shoe is that it is rotating with the leg movement more like an ankle would.

Photo attached

Does anyone know what setting I need to adjust?
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 12.09.30 PM.png

Duduf

Re: Newbie Question-Right and Left Foot Rig acting differently

Post by Duduf » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I don't know what you did wrong with the right foot, but if that's what you want :

you could just parent the foot to the calf structure, and then use a simple expression link to connect its rotation to the rotation of the controller to keep the ability to animate it

Or, without changing the rig, you can add two orientation constraints on the foot structure: one to constrain it to the calf and stay aligned to it, the second to constrain it to the controller to keep the ability to animate it

k1ngk8

Re: Newbie Question-Right and Left Foot Rig acting differently

Post by k1ngk8 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Thank you,
I ended up expression linked the rotation to the controller and that worked perfectly!