This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Scale Limbs separately

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Cheesy

Scale Limbs separately

Post by Cheesy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:13 am

Hi Folks, hi Duduf, is there a way I can scale a limb (forearm), or stretch it? I want my character to scratch its nose, but the forearm is long as the upper arm, so the hand cant reach the nose (well ok, it can, but it the elbow is in a strange position). When I change the design and make the forearm always longer, it doesnt look right..
Thanks a lot for this great tool!

Duduf

Re: Scale Limbs separately

Post by Duduf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:46 am

Hi,

There are some stretch options in the controller of the hand which may help!
And if they do not, if you used structures, don't hesitate to adjust the scale of the design or animate the bézier paths themselves when you need, that way you should be able to scratch your nose ;)

riggix

Post by riggix » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi, I'm an illustrator, Ae-Duik-Beginner and try to animate a gymnastics exercise.

With your great tool I think I almost succeeded with the rigging. But I ran into a problem: I have to scale a limb (the "thigh") just during the animation. (The [whole] project is attached plus 2 images to show my goal.)

I could not convert your tip above into a solution. I tried the stretch and shrink options in the controller of the foot. But this messed up the character. Can I get a shrink-controller only for the thigh? Or is there another way to do it? Could you please go more into detail how to achieve this scaling?

Thanks a lot in advance!
It's a very cool plugin very worth a donation!
Last edited by riggix on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi,

There's no easy way to scale only half of the limb, as it would have to change the way the IK and the rest of the rig is computed, it's a bit complex to implement, sorry.

In theory that could be done with a bit of maths and adjusting the values in the "data" part of the IK effect on the hand controller

riggix

Post by riggix » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:25 am

Hi Duduf,
thx for info. In Animate with "parented layers" I found a solution for this. (With the bone tool in Animate it doesn't work for me either.) It's a pity I can't take the benefit from Duiks functions in this case.

Kind regards
riggix