This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Connector Tool does not work right with Ik orientation

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Anhtho2233

Connector Tool does not work right with Ik orientation

Post by Anhtho2233 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:55 am

So I am struggling with the connector tool to create a slider for the movement of a hand. The hand opens and closes its fingers in two different orientation, left and right, which requires Ik reverse checkbox being included in the keyframes.
The fingers are supposed to change their orientation as they straighten out. But infact they only change orientation upon the end of the movement. So the movement look bumpy.
Did I do anything wrong? Please helpp!! Thanks so much!

Duduf

Re: Connector Tool does not work right with Ik orientation

Post by Duduf » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:24 am

I think it's because the animation on the reverse checkbox does not have the same duration as the others.

When you connect multiple properties, most of the time you'll need the animations to all have the same duration: just add some keyframes at the end (or the beginning) of the animation to make sure the last keyframe on all the properties are at the same time.

It's something I should add in the doc, sorry!