This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Head structure is weird - is it just me?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
MartinR

Head structure is weird - is it just me?

Post by MartinR » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Hey folks!

I started DuIK after a break and found a behavior which I always considered as a bug. But being on the latest version with both DuIK (16.2.16) and AE (17.1.2, JS expression engine), I wonder if I may lag some basic understanding on how the rig works.

So, I have an empty comp and create a standard humanoid structure. Without any modifications, I let this auto-rig with all the default settings. Finally I zero all the controllers, but I found the issue also without zeroing them.

If I now move the body controller, everything follows as expected. If I move or rotate the hips-controller, everything follows except the head structure. If I move or rotate the neck controller, the head structure follows, but without any connection to the neck-structure and if I move the head controller, I literally can move the head round without any connection to the other structures.

If I deactivate the expression on position of head structure (S|Head), the whole rig behaves as it is logical to me. The head follows all controllers, and I can't move the head around anymore when I move the head controller.

Can somebody enlighten me what is going on here?

Thank you very much and happy rigging!

*Martin

Duduf

Re: Head structure is weird - is it just me?

Post by Duduf » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 am

Moving a little bit the head may be useful when animating in specific cases, that's not a bug, even if this controller is mainly made to be rotated.

If you don't want to translate it, just do not translate it ;) no need to remove the expression!

MartinR

Re: Head structure is weird - is it just me?

Post by MartinR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:27 am

Ahh, I see!

I think I just moved the controllers way too much. :roll:
If the movement is smaller, the rig makes sense.

Thank you for reaching out and the great work you do!

*Martin