This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Linking Bones Created with Vertex Paths to PC/Shape Layer

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
ianscroggins

Linking Bones Created with Vertex Paths to PC/Shape Layer

Post by ianscroggins » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi Gang, I have a n00b question, but I don't seem to see anyone having asked it in this forum so I'm gonna try.

I just watched the Duik Rigging Tutorial from Tuto.com and in the lesson "Structures > with a selection", I love the option of creating bone structures from a vertex path. However, around the 8:00 mark, Duduf shows the leg bones over the pre-composed, non-layered drawing of a leg that he previously linked with puppet pins, but moves on without attaching those bones to that artwork beneath - is that possible without puppet pins?

Everything after that point works perfectly and the vertex path links to bones great in AE2020, but I'm interested in quickly drawing a bone structure, generating said bones, and then linking it to a "flattened" piece of art. I'm now wondering if I'm stuck using puppet pins to generate such a link or if I just missed something. Thanks for the help and I love Duik Bassel - thanks for all the hard work you've put into it!

MartinR

Re: Linking Bones Created with Vertex Paths to PC/Shape Layer

Post by MartinR » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 am

There is no need to attach the bones to the artwork, because that is already done by the pins. So, the link-tree is: artwork -> pins -> bones -> structure.

This only works because of the pins. On a layered artwork, you have to attach the layers to the structure.

*Martin