This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

New slider behavior

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
ArtoriusBravo

New slider behavior

Post by ArtoriusBravo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I use sliders to easily select characters using time remapping, and I usually just duplicate comps and animate another character by simply changing the slider. However, since the last version I can't do this as the slider on the original composition controls every other composition. That is not good for me.

I noticed the expression itself changed since the last version, the first two lines being originally:

Code: Select all

var ctrlLayer = thisComp.layer("Character selector slider");
var connectorLayer = thisComp.layer("C | Connector");
And now it is:

var ctrlLayer = comp("MAIN RIG | Copy and animate").layer("Character selector slider");
var connectorLayer = comp("MAIN RIG | Copy and animate").layer("C | Connector");
I can obviously go back and change everything manually, but is there a way to revert the way the selector is automatically rigged so that I don't have to do this every time?

Thanks!

Duduf

Re: New slider behavior

Post by Duduf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:06 am

Woops.

That's a problem, we've changed this because there are issues when extracting controllers using

thisComp

I guess the best would be to revert to thisComp and detect these to automagically change it to

comp('name')
when extracting...

I'll try that in the next update, we'll see if there are other issues we did not expect.

In the mentime, the "search and replace" tool in Duik is gonna be your BFF :)
https://duik-docs.rainboxlab.org/riggin ... nd-replace