This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Scaling a rigged Figure?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
DrNibbert

Scaling a rigged Figure?

Post by DrNibbert » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 am

Hey everyone!

i have difficulties scaling a whole rigged Puppet. I tried different techniques (Selecting every component and scaling it, Parenting everything to a Master-Null and scaling that; Putting everything in a new PreComp, scaling the PreComp and then "extracting" the PreComp using the un-Precompose-Script...) but it messed up my rig every time...
Is there a "official" way suggested by Duduf of doing it?

Thanks for your Help,
best regards!! :)

Duduf

Re: Scaling a rigged Figure?

Post by Duduf » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hi,

The safiest way right now to scale a whole rig is to precompose it... I know it's not the most user friendly way to animate, but with a lot of expressions in the rig, without having to adjust them, there's no other way.

BTW, We're working on those expressions to make the rigs scalable in Duik 16 (which is crowdfunding right now), this should be available before the end of the year (if the crowdfunding goes well, which seems to be the case :) )

DrNibbert

Re: Scaling a rigged Figure?

Post by DrNibbert » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:00 pm

We're working on those expressions to make the rigs scalable in Duik 16
I was hoping to hear this :D I'm going to support as well!!
I'll use the precomp-method until then.

Thanks for your help!!