This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Feature Request for v16

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Maui

Feature Request for v16

Post by Maui » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:42 am

I just saw a Cinema 4d video about rigging which showed a really nice tool which mirrors a rig from left to right,... https://youtu.be/4FZun6_bZjA?t=625
Maybe this a feature that could also be included into the next version of DUIK as it could be great timesaver for the rigging process.

Duduf

Re: Feature Request for v16

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 am

We've planned to update the expressions used by Duik to make mirroring a character easier, and to add a "flip" control on the autorig, is this what you mean or do you think about something else?
(Sorry I don't have time to watch the c4d video you posted right now ;) )

Maui

Post by Maui » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:27 pm

The tool uses a rigged left arm/leg and mirrors it to the right updating all the bones and names accordingly. It only works if you need a symetric character to start from but as this is most often the case I think it would be a handy tool to have.

If you find the time you might want to take a look at the video as it should only take about 1min from the point of time I grabed the url from.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Sounds great,
I'm already developping a "duplicate" tool, duplicate and mirror seems a useful feature too ;)

Adding this to the features of duik16 !

Maui

Post by Maui » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Cool. Looking forward to it :)