This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Any updates/plans for the Advanced Puppet tools?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
LilPeanutBrotha

Any updates/plans for the Advanced Puppet tools?

Post by LilPeanutBrotha » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi! I was just curious to see if the awesome DUIK team was planning anything special to update the DUIK tools to work with the new Advanced Puppet Tool that got released. Or maybe is already works right now? I'm actually about to give it a try right now, just updated!

Thanks!

Duduf

Re: Any updates/plans for the Advanced Puppet tools?

Post by Duduf » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi!

Duik already works well with the new puppet tool engine, the only issue is that it may bug if there are "starch" pins in the selection when creating the bones. Just make sure to select only "position" pins and everything will go well ;)

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming Duik 16 ;)

LilPeanutBrotha

Post by LilPeanutBrotha » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:57 am

Duduf wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm Hi!

Duik already works well with the new puppet tool engine, the only issue is that it may bug if there are "starch" pins in the selection when creating the bones. Just make sure to select only "position" pins and everything will go well ;)

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming Duik 16 ;)
That's great to hear! Can't wait to give it a shot on the next project. And I wanted to let you know that the motion graphics crew at Riot Games absolutely love your tools, and use them on the front page of our game constantly :)

Keep up the great work!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

I saw that and although I don't play to league of legends, I've always loved the front page :)

You can't imagine how many students I have who ask me "how can I do something like the front page of LOL in Ae?" :lol:

LilPeanutBrotha

Post by LilPeanutBrotha » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:19 am

Duduf wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm I saw that and although I don't play to league of legends, I've always loved the front page :)

You can't imagine how many students I have who ask me "how can I do something like the front page of LOL in Ae?" :lol:
Well...you're in luck! I had some downtime at work recently, and was able to finish mu tutorial series on rigging and animating the characters + the script we use.

https://vimeo.com/album/5123912

Hope they enjoy it! Tell them we said thanks for playing, and feel free to leave questions in the comments :)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 am

Awesome!

Thank you very much :)