This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

"LoopOut" expression ovverrides Duik "Spring"

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
ricciofix

"LoopOut" expression ovverrides Duik "Spring"

Post by ricciofix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 pm

I love the "Spring" Duik effect, but when I try to loop ( loopOut(type = "cycle", numKeyframes = 0) ) an animation with "Spring" I get the loop but the "Spring" effect looks disabled.

Is it normal? I tried to write the loop expression before and after the "Spring" script.

Any Idea? I have really basic scripting skills

Duduf

Re: "LoopOut" expression ovverrides Duik "Spring"

Post by Duduf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Modifying the expression with a spring to loop it may be (very) difficult; I think a nice and quick way to do this would be to precompose and use some time remapping ;)

ricciofix

Post by ricciofix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Duduf wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm Modifying the expression with a spring to loop it may be (very) difficult; I think a nice and quick way to do this would be to precompose and use some time remapping ;)
That's what i did in some cases, but i like to make loops indiepent from each other so that they create new variations randomly, i can probably make different comps, but I'd prefer not ti do that

ricciofix

Post by ricciofix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 am

Duduf wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm Modifying the expression with a spring to loop it may be (very) difficult; I think a nice and quick way to do this would be to precompose and use some time remapping ;)
I didn't notice it was Duduf to answer !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Thank you!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

ricciofix wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 pm That's what i did in some cases, but i like to make loops indiepent from each other so that they create new variations randomly, i can probably make different comps, but I'd prefer not ti do that
I understand... That's an interesting problem, but I really don't see a good way to loop a property with a spring. Another solution would be to bake expressions into keyframes, then removing the unneeded ones to add a loopOut expression, but it may be a bit too destructive, depending on the complexity of the animation of the property...

And... Yes, it's me :D