This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

DUIK 16 - How to bind character?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Noobie

DUIK 16 - How to bind character?

Post by Noobie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am

Hi,

First of all thank you for the great work on Duik!

I'm trying to rig a character with bendable limbs, and have added Puppet Points (along with the correct names: Arm, Forearm, Hand, Thigh etc), and the character itself is made from shape layers. I have added the Structure that's introduced in Duik 16, and while it's creating a fully functional rig from the structure, I'm having a hard time binding it to the actual character. I've tried the Autorig (which does rig the Structure as it should), and a few other things but I can't seem to get it done. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Duduf

Re: DUIK 16 - How to bind character?

Post by Duduf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 am

Just create bones on the pins (like in previous versions of Duik), then parent the newly created bones to the structures, and you're done ;)

Noobie

Re: DUIK 16 - How to bind character?

Post by Noobie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am

Ah yes, that was it! Thanks for the swift reply, and congrats on the huge update! :)