This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Installing Duik 16

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Wawa

Installing Duik 16

Post by Wawa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello,

I am attempting to install Duik 16 using the instructions to drag the duik bassel.jsx file onto the Ae project panel. It appears to work with my AE CC 2018, but when I restart it doesn't appear in my available Windows. When I look at where it puts the file, it looks like it's putting it in a different Scripts folder then the Scripts > Scripts UI. I only see the older 15.52 version in there. Can anyone assist? My IT team takes months to asssit with dropping this in the folder and I was hoping for the No Admin rights steps. Thank you for your time.

Duduf

Re: Installing Duik 16

Post by Duduf » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am

Hi,

The "drag and drop" method does put the script in another folder, that's normal.

Are you on Mac OS or Windows?

Make you sure on Windows you keep the keys [Alt] and [Shift] pressed when dragging and dropping the *.jsx file, and on mac it's [Options] and [Shift].

If it still does not work, you can copy the file manually, in this folder:

Windows:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\15.1\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels
Note that this folder is hidden, you'll need to show hidden files to access it.
Make sure to change "15.1" to the right version of After Effects you're using. You can also copy it to all the versions if you want it available on all if you have multiple versions installed.

Mac OS: I'm not sure of the path, but you should find something similar in

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support

Hillj

Re: Installing Duik 16

Post by Hillj » Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 pm

The drag and drop on Mac was a great suggestion.
on Mac. I went into file>run script and selected Bassal. It launched AE and I am going to see how it works. Just not sure if this is the only way to launch Bassal from here on out..any suggestions?