This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Missing Effects

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
GeckoKid

Missing Effects

Post by GeckoKid » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello! Loving the plugin :)

However I just updated After Effects 2018 (from 2018) today and opening a project I was working on before showed me many missing effects - What would be the culprit apart from the update itself and most importantly how do I fix it?

Thanks

Morganimator

Re: Missing Effects after AE update

Post by Morganimator » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi! You might want to try just clicking "OK" on that missing effects warning and ignoring it. In my experience, the rigs and Duik still work just fine despite this warning from Ae. I think it's just that Ae doesn't recognize the names of those "effects" added to the layers, but it doesn't mean the expressions won't work and the Duik scripts won't still work. If things aren't working then there's more to it, but I think it's nothing to worry about.

Duduf

Re: Missing Effects after AE update

Post by Duduf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am

Hi,
yes exactly, the effects are not found because Duik (15) has to be re-installed, but everything will work correctly.

This won't happen with Duik Bassel, the latest version, as these effects are not stored the same way; Characters rigged with 15 will still show the error, but you can just ignore it.