This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

I really miss the simple old Morpher tool

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
PatChea

I really miss the simple old Morpher tool

Post by PatChea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Don't get me wrong I love all the sweet new features of Bassel, including the Connector tool, it definitely has some great uses, I'm just really missing the simplicity of the old Morpher tool. I may be missing something somewhere but what used to be a single click now takes several clicks and then adjusting the 2 new controller layers that as far as I'm aware can't be deleted without breaking everything.

As someone who used to use the Morpher tool quite liberally throughout their animations this adds a not insignificant amount of time to my workflow and not to mention all the different control layers that pile up make things pretty cluttered.

Is there a way to use the Connector tool in a simple way like the old Morpher tool? Without needing the use of the extra visual controller layers if possible?

Duduf

Re: I really miss the simple old Morpher tool

Post by Duduf » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi!

The connector has been updated to be used in a single click, exactly like the old morpher tool ;) This will be available in a near future, in the Bassel.1 update ;)

PatChea

Post by PatChea » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Duduf, you and Duik are sincerely the best thing that's ever happened to After Effects over all these years! Thanks for everything you do! :D

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks to the feedback from users ;)

Duik is made from user needs, including mine, 80% of the tools are actually stuff I've needed in production. Made by animators for animators ;)