This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

The best way to update a rigging?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
tao1022

The best way to update a rigging?

Post by tao1022 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi Duduf

I really like the new duik bassel, especially the new workflow. But I have a little question about the rigging.

In the new bassel workflow, when you use puppet pins to create the rigging, you can create bones and link the bones to the structure, which is great.

However, sometimes you have to change your character design, for example, tweaking a leg or arm of the character, then you have to fix the rigging in AE.

Currently, my way is:

1, Delete the puppet pin effect on the leg or arm layer you've modified.

2, Create new pins on the arm.

3, Create new bones for the new pins.

4, delete the 'new' bones layers you just created.

5, Use the selection control generated on the effect panel of the arm layer to select the 'old' bones created previously.

Then, you don't need to recreate the animation. Is this the best way to do this? Cos I feel I have to create the new bones and then delete them, which seems a little bit dumb.....................

Thanks
Tao

Duduf

Re: The best way to update a rigging?

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 am

Hi,

Yes for now there's no other way to do this. Well, you could also remove all the old bones and re-parent the new bones to the structures, but I'm not sure it would be less dumb ;)

tao1022

Post by tao1022 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:48 am

Duduf wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 am Hi,

Yes for now there's no other way to do this. Well, you could also remove all the old bones and re-parent the new bones to the structures, but I'm not sure it would be less dumb ;)
I tried, the problem is if I want to reparent the new bones to the structures, it doesn't attach to the structure. Which means although the bones will follow the structures' movement, they start from the default position. :roll:

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 am

I'll have to do some research to find a way to make this process easier and quickier...

tao1022

Post by tao1022 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am

Duduf wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 am I'll have to do some research to find a way to make this process easier and quickier...
Thanks! :D