This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Storyboarder importing

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
barksie

Storyboarder importing

Post by barksie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 am

Hello,

We have used the storyboarder script in the past (approx this time last year) and worked with it brilliantly. Thankyou!

We are about to start a new project, and when using the storyboarder importer from the latest DUIK Bassel, by selecting the .storyboarder file nothing is importing. Same goes for the standalone script

I have tried on a few machines with the following versions of afx and storyboarder.
After Effects CC 2018 - Version 15.1.2
Storyboarder 1.8.0
Duik Bassel (v16.0.5)

Is there something I am missing to help make it import?

Many thanks,

Dan

Duduf

Re: Storyboarder importing

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback; we've recently made a few fixes for the storyboarder importer after some changes in the storyboarder file format, maybe something else changed with the latest version of Storyboarder.

Could you send me a .storyboarder file which does not import correctly so I can have a look at that and fix it?

barksie

Post by barksie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi, thanks for getting back.
Sure, here is a basic test we used to try and get the importer working.

https://we.tl/t-7qA4cTKf5V

Many thanks

Dan

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks! I'll have a look at that in a couple of days and let you know what I find ;)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi!

I have fixed the issue, it will be in a new version very soon!

DaanDirk

Post by DaanDirk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm

I also had problems importing storyboards.
I found that since I had only used fill layers, there were no reference layers in the .storyboard(json)-file to to be imported, crashing the import.
After adding reference layers by drawing some more lines, the importer crashed on this bit at line 23732:

Code: Select all

var duration = lastBoard.time + lastBoard.duration;

//create comp
   var comp = app.project.items.addComp(name + " Animatic", width, height, 1, duration/1000, storyboard.fps);
After replacing the above with this below it worked. hurray!

Code: Select all

var duration = (lastBoard.time/1000) + (lastBoard.duration/1000);

//create comp
   var comp = app.project.items.addComp(name + " Animatic", width, height, 1, duration, storyboard.fps);
Hope this helps.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look at this and fix what needs to be fixed in the next update ;)

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:52 pm

I have fixed the storyboarder import when there are no layers on the board ;)

I don't understand the crash you mention though, there's no actual difference between the two snippets. Anyway, in all my tests it now works correctly, and the fix will be available in the next update, today or tomorrow!

evanavo

Post by evanavo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 am

Hello Everyone !

It's not working for me, I use after effect CC2018 and the script WUstoryboarderAE_0.1.
And when I press the " select storyboarder files " button, then, nothing happen :/
maybe I don't use the correct script ? Maybe there is a new one for after effect CC2018 ?

You are talking about an update,
Is there a link to the last update of WUstoryboarderAE script ?

Thanks a lot !

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 am

Sorry, I have to update the standalone script, I did not have time to... But the importer included in Duik works ;)