This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Extract Controllers Breaking Rig

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Labelkills

Extract Controllers Breaking Rig

Post by Labelkills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 am

I have three rigged characters in the same scene.

I brought each character in as precomps into the scene, then used the "Extract Controllers" button. The first two characters work great and I was able to key frame all the controllers. However, the third character's controllers work UNTIL I add a keyframe. As soon as I do, the controllers no longer are attached to the structures or art. Then if I go back to the rigged composition, all the controllers values are red and locked.

I can't seem to find what is wrong. Not sure how to move forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labelkills

Re: Extract Controllers Breaking Rig

Post by Labelkills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:07 am

It appears that the art and structure will move only where the FIRST keyframe is, but any keyframe after that only the controller moves to and not the art and structure.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am

This is weird.

Maybe you have compositions with the same name and this breaks some expressions?
Can you send me the aep so I can have a look?

Labelkills

Post by Labelkills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I sent you a private message. Thanks!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:57 am

I have finally found what's wrong: It is because you moved the precomp layer in time, this offsets the link in time too.

In the project you sent me, you can just bring back the precomp to the first frame of the main comp to fix the issue.

I'm working on the expression of the extract controllers tool to make it work in your case too

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:29 am

I have found a way, this will be fixed in the next update

Gérard

Post by Gérard » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 am

I tried to "extract controllers in Master Properties" from a precomposed rig.
I get error messages. the controllers do appear in the main comp and in the Master Properties but they not work anymore.
I am on Duik 16.0.Beta3 (and AE last version).
I suppose this is the same issue.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:54 am

Probably..

Anyway, I won't recommend using master properties ;) it lags too much, the option is there to be ready if Adobe does something about this. in the meantime, I don't think it's usable at all

Gérard

Post by Gérard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Good to know!
Thank you for your answer:-)

Labelkills

Post by Labelkills » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Duduf wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:29 am I have found a way, this will be fixed in the next update
Thank you so much! <3