This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Blender with precomps

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
fmbvisuals

Blender with precomps

Post by fmbvisuals » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello there, this is my first post and I'm happy to be part of this community.

Now my problem, I'm organizing all the animations I need for the project I'm working on, the rigged characters already have all the poses controlled by a blender controller.
Inside the character rig comp I got a precomposed "head" layer where I organized the poses of the head, including all the lipsynced sentences the character will say, by using a precomp for any phrase, than I marked any of it on the comp, but when I try the Blender, I cannot recall the right animation, istead it'll always start from the start of the "head" composition.
I guess the problem is based on the fact that, using single precomps, I don't use any keyframe to start the new poses, but I hope there's a way to make it work like that, any option???

thank you and sorry for my english, I hope everyone will be able to understand my issue.

Duduf

Re: Blender with precomps

Post by Duduf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:49 am

Hi,

Yes the animation blender was made to work with keyframes, I did not think it could be used with precomps. Maybe you can try using opacities to switch the precomps, and setup the opacities with the blender, this should work. I think. ;)

fmbvisuals

Post by fmbvisuals » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:19 am

Hello Duduf dude :D thank you for your reply!
I actually tried to precompose all the lipsync comps and put an opacity keyframe at the very start of every marker, unfortunately it did work for any other animation but the lipsync. So when I call the marker on the blend controller I get the right face expressions, but it will always start the lipsync from the beginning, do you think it can have something to do with the fact that the lipsync works with time remapping keyframes?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am

Time remapping is always a mess.
I don't exactly what's wrong in your project, it's hard to tell without having hands on it, but my best advice would be: try to remove all time remapping and use only keyframes ;)

fmbvisuals

Post by fmbvisuals » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am

Duduf wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am Time remapping is always a mess.
I don't exactly what's wrong in your project, it's hard to tell without having hands on it,
yeah I know, but unfortunately I cannot share the project not even in pvt :(
Duduf wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am but my best advice would be: try to remove all time remapping and use only keyframes ;)
Thank you, I'll try it out! I'm actually doing it the old fashioned way, but I like your blender so much that I'd use it on everything, it has the potential to deliver a wonderful workflow.

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm

fmbvisuals wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am Thank you, I'll try it out! I'm actually doing it the old fashioned way, but I like your blender so much that I'd use it on everything, it has the potential to deliver a wonderful workflow.
Thanks!
It's a tool still in early stages of development, and I'm sure it still has the potential to be improved/simplified. Do not hesitate to give me your feedback and suggestions!