This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Can't Load / Run DUIK Bassel

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
bimbongr

Can't Load / Run DUIK Bassel

Post by bimbongr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:54 am

Hi guys,

Hope you can help out with this problem as I have few projects I need to start working on and all of them include character animation for which I intend to use DUIK Bassel for rigging.

The problem is I can't load DUIK Bassel as AE keeps throwing and error Unable to execute script at line 486. Uncaught JavaScript exception: JSON.parse

Since then I tried everything in my powers:
- Tried to run the script manually from File - Scripts - Run Script...
- Download almost all previous versions of DUIK Bassel and had the same problem with each and everyone
- Reinstalled completely fresh copy of AE removing all previous settings, script and plugins

Restarted pc multiple times
Reinstalled Java
In settings: Javascript debugger is unchecked - off
Allow script to write... - is checked / on
Deleted DUIK DuFF folders in AppData/Roaming

I have no problems running any other script

Screenshot attached.

Can you please advise on what I can do more?

P.s
Just installed DUIK 15 and it's running fine.

Thank you in advance!

Duduf

Re: Can't Load / Run DUIK Bassel

Post by Duduf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi,

This is an issue which seems to be caused by another script in After Effects (but I still did not have found which).
It should be fixed with the next major update in Duik (but I don't know exactly when we'll be able to release it).
In the meantime here's what you can try:

- Close all scripts and extensions in your workspace
- Deactivate the launch screen in the preferences of After Effects
- Restart After Effects
- Try again to launch Duik

If it does not work, you can try to reset your After Effects preferences, then try Duik again.

Let me know if it helps!

bimbongr

Post by bimbongr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately no luck after doing your suggestions. As I wrote I tried reinstalling a clean version of AE without adding any external scripts, plugins except DUIK Bassel and using the default workspace but it throws me the same error.

Regards!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm

This is very weird... I'll have to investigate more, but I've never been able to reproduce the issue.

I hope the upcoming update will fix this

bimbongr

Post by bimbongr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Duduf wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm This is very weird... I'll have to investigate more, but I've never been able to reproduce the issue.

I hope the upcoming update will fix this
Thank you for your help. Let me know if you figure it out. Wondering if there is something else in my system preventing it to work but as I said DUIK 15 works flawlessly and other scripts also run without problem.

Regards

rosatron

Post by rosatron » Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 am

I have this exact same error:
'unable to execute script at line 486. Uncaught JavaScript exception: JSON.parse'
I reinstalled and went through all the same steps as the original poster but still nothing. Was a solution found?

bimbongr

Post by bimbongr » Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 am

Hi for what is worth I had to reinstall Windows and now it's working fine.