This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Auto Placement of Structures Problem

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
SamS

Auto Placement of Structures Problem

Post by SamS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 pm

First off, I love Duik Bassel! Such an amazing tool, from a very generous developer. Thank you, Nicolas!

I've been running into a problem, with auto placement of structures when using Bones (from puppet pins) or shape layer vertices. I'll make the correct number of vertices / pins, but when I hit the appropriate structure button (double checking for the correct amount of structures beforehand) it creates the structures but doesn't place them on the bones, or replace the shape layer vertices.

I'm sure it comes down to human error, but I can't seem to locate an answer to my question in the documentation or elsewhere online. Is there a setting somewhere either in DUIK or AE that I need to enable to make this work?

I'm running DUIK 16.0.11 in AE 2019 / 2018 (doesn't appear to work in either version for me).

Thanks so much!

Sam

Duduf

Re: Auto Placement of Structures Problem

Post by Duduf » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am

Hi,

This feature is not available in Duik 16.0.11 ;)
It is in the upcoming 16.1 version, which is available in Beta with the files of the official tutorial, or to my supporters on Patreon

SamS

Re: Auto Placement of Structures Problem

Post by SamS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm

That explains it! :D

I purchased the tutorial, and was following along but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I downloaded the public release version and was using that - I think I'll go ahead and install the beta now. Hah!

Thanks again for this wonderful tool, Nicolas!

Sam