This forum has been permanently closed and archived; you can still access all content but can't post anymore.

Of course, you can still join us in other places!
To get support and talk about RxLaboratory and with the team, come here: https://rainboxlab.org/support/

Head doesnt move (new user)

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
matty1000

Head doesnt move (new user)

Post by matty1000 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm

im new to duik
creating a rig for a horse

everything seems to move ok except the head. when i move the small red skull the artwork doesnt move with it.
i checked and double checked all the parenting and it seems ok.

side question: is it essential to do one "autorig" for the whole animal? because i did an "autorig" for each set of legs, and then the spine, and i just parented the legs to the hips and shoulders to unify the animal. seems to work ok. well except this head.

Duduf

Re: Head doesnt move (new user)

Post by Duduf » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 am

Hi,

In the current version of Duik, the head and neck are meant to be animated using rotations only (it's an FK setup) ; in the next update, it will be possible to adjust the position of the head, but it will still be better to use only rotations.

For more details about the autorig: https://rainbox-dev.github.io/DuAEF_Dui ... k/autorig/

(this section will be updated and more detailed as soon as the 16.1 update will be out in a few days)

WillPen

Post by WillPen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Are you eventually looking to bring full functionality to the head and neck though, Duduf?

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:04 pm

What do you mean by full functionality?
What is lacking, what needs do you have you can't do with the current way of rigging the head and neck?

matty1000

Post by matty1000 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 pm

thankyou, i figured it out after some time.

i thought that moving the skull would move the position of the head.

thanks for clearing it up